All you have to do is check your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram feed and you’re bound to find a slew of #MotivationMonday or #MondayMotivation quotes, photos, and posts to give you a little inspiration for the week ahead.
Some our favorites from today:
- “Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond our reach.” – Unknown
- “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Unknown
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Unknown
- “Remind yourself that it’s ok not to be perfect.” – Unknown
- “Remember - you only have 1440 minutes in a day - don't give them away so easily.” – Unknown
Motivation can play a big role in your recovery success. It can help you stay the course and drive you to continue to work toward healthy behaviors and meet your recovery goals. Here’s a little more help for staying motivated along your journey toward sobriety:
Celebrate small successes. Take baby steps and remind yourself that it’s okay to fall once in a while. The goal is to keep going and growing in your recovery.
Create visual reminders. Whether you write thoughts down on post-it notes or cut out inspirational quotes or photos, giving yourself visual reminders about the benefits of recovery (or the great things in your life now that you’re in recovery) can help keep you going. Start with seven reminders, one for each day of the week.
Think positive. Don't think of recovery has giving up old friends or fun times with drugs or alcohol but gaining a new life that’s free of the emotional and physical harm of addiction.
Staying Motivated at Aj’s House
At Aj’s Amethyst House, we help our female clients discover new coping strategies and guide them as they reclaim their roles as healthy, sober individuals. To learn more, call today: 855-221-1717.